Trusted to Protect Over
User Accounts Every Month
ZoOm® 3D Liveness & Face Authentication Software
iBeta/NIST Certified Anti-Spoofing – Levels 1&2
World’s Best Face Matcher: 1/4,200,000 FAR @ <1% FRR
Universal Liveness, ID Matching
& Age Estimation for +10 Billion Smart Devices & Webcams.
Ends Identity Theft.
UnSharable, UnPhishable & Virtually Spoof-Proof.
Patented ZoOm-in User Experience Creates a 3D FaceMap with a Video-Selfie.
FaceTec Anchors Digital Identity
Certified Liveness For KYC Onboarding + 3D Face Matching for Ongoing Authentication
ZoOm proves the Correct User is physically present by Matching them to their Photo ID or 3D FaceMap.
For Real Users
The intuitive ZoOm interface makes Certified Liveness Detection and 3D Face Matching fast, easy and incredibly secure for everyone, regardless of their device. During onboarding, ZoOm’s 2 second video-selfie verifies Liveness, matches your 3D FaceMap to your Photo ID, and sets up your new account. Each time you return, ZoOm’s ongoing authentication again proves Liveness and compares your new 3D FaceMap to the one enrolled. If they match, you get instant access, no password required!
for Bad Actors
Login from any smartphone, tablet, PC or Laptop, and unlock everything from your car door to your bank account. Real users gain access easily, but bad actors, bots and hackers are rebuffed by Level 1&2 Anti-Spoofing Certified by NIST/iBeta. ZoOm is the Face Authentication market leader and provides more security, portability, and convenience than any other biometric.
For all modern
smart devices & webcams
Certified Liveness Detection
in 2 Seconds
Works in real-world lighting conditions
Great with Glasses, Makeup & Beards
#1 IN THE WORLD
Can a Selfie Really Provide Security?
Obviously selfies are easy to take; the real question is if they can provide effective access security. Typically they can’t, but ZoOm’s patented process isn’t just a selfie; it’s a face scan that provides a 3D FaceMap and a Certified Liveness Check to ensure the user is physically present, and prevent masks, dolls, photos, or video deepfakes from fooling the system.
The Liveness Detection algorithms must observe so many concurrent human traits that spoof artifacts can’t recreate them all at once. ZoOm’s 3D Face Matching then compares the user to their previously-enrolled 3D FaceMap, and if the two FaceMaps highly match (1/4.2M+ FAR), the verified user is granted access.
ZoOm’s Encrypted 3D FaceMaps:
- Can’t Be Phished From Users
- Aren’t a Biometric Honeypot
- Stop Credential Sharing
- Stop Botnet Attacks
- Match 1:1 & 1:N at a 1/4.2M FAR
- Match Highly to a Photo ID
- Provide Anonymous Age Estimates
Want To Learn More?
No Stored Liveness Data = No Honeypot Risk
There are two types of data required for every secure face authentication: Facial Structure Data (called a 3D FaceMap) and Liveness Data. Each acts as half of the biometric key, and both must be present to gain access. ZoOm automatically deletes the Liveness Data immediately after each session, and only the 3D FaceMap is ever stored. Because the 3D FaceMap alone isn’t enough to gain access, new Liveness Data must be collected for every new session, but it is then immediately deleted. Without storing the Liveness Data, there is no honeypot risk, and just as photos from Facebook, Instagram, or LinkedIn can’t spoof ZoOm, neither can a standalone 3D FaceMap.
HOW ZoOm WORKS
During the ZoOm motion, the camera’s view of the 3D face changes, observing perspective distortion and proving it is 3D.
In under 2 seconds, ZoOm processes 30+ video frames and reverse engineers a 3D FaceMap from the standard 2D camera.
Certified Liveness Detection
Over the last five years, we dove more deeply into anti-spoofing than anyone – ever. We have performed hundreds-of-millions of spoof attempts with every conceivable type of media and learned how to stop them. Learn more: www.Liveness.com
Attack Vectors include:
- 2D paper photos & digital images
- High resolution videos
- Image swap-in after liveness check
- Paper masks with eye & mouth cutouts
- Hollywood masks, wax figures & lifelike dolls
- Photos or video frames animated into avatars
- Video projections on 3D heads
- Sleeping users with closed eyes
- Impostors, lookalikes & doppelgangers
Biometric Best Practices
- Demand Certified 3D Liveness Detection. Without it, you cannot trust unsupervised authentications and will be put at risk by “Suprema” type biometric data breaches. With Certified Liveness, data breaches can’t be leveraged against your users. Whitepaper
- Delete Liveness Data after each login and collect new Liveness Data for every new session. This prevents biometric honeypots and allows for safe, centralized biometric storage. See www.Liveness.com
- Centralized Biometric storage with Server-Side 3D Face Matching is the only way to truly replace passwords, enable cross-platform logins, simplify device upgrades, and allow multiple devices/users.
- Choose a diverse algorithm. Don’t be accused of having a “biased” biometric just because the training sets used to create it were too homogeneous. ZoOm trained with users from over 170 countries.
- Get the Forrester Report: The State Of Facial Recognition For Authentication And Verification
2D vs. 3D
2D Face Recognition will never provide the accuracy needed for Face Authentication. There is too much variability and overlapping similarity in human faces to achieve a high enough FAR (False Accept Rate) when they are flattened from 3D to 2D. Apple’s 3D Face ID uses a special hardware sensor that unlocks one specific phone, but cannot be used on any other devices.
|Axes||X,Y||X,Y,Z||X,Y + Time|
|Vendors||Aware, BioID, Daon, FacePhi, Idemia, iProov, etc.||Apple Face ID, Google Pixel 4||FaceTec|
|Purpose||Face Verification||Unlock Mobile Phones||3D Face Authentication|
|Installed Base||10+ Billion Smart Devices (Android - 85% + iOS -14% & Webcams)||< 10% of in use iOS devices have Face ID, Pixel 4 will be < 1% of the market.||10+ Billion Smart Devices (Android - 85% + iOS -14% & Webcams)|
|Portability||Varies||None, re-enroll on each device||Cross-Device & Cross-Platform|
|Technology||Legacy 2D Algorithms||Hardware: Infrared Camera Array & Neural Network Chip||Software: Real-time Computer Vision + 100% proprietary AI|
|Interface||Varies||Glance to unlock phone||3D Video Selfie: ~1.5 Seconds|
|SDK Info||Varies||No SDK possible, special hardware required||Device SDKs for Android/iOS, web & Server SDK|
|Liveness Method||Challenge Response: Blink, Smile, Turn Head & Flashing Lights, etc||Infrared dots + neural network chip determine if user is 3D||Measures 3D Depth, skin texture, eye reflections, etc.|
|3D Depth Detection||Weak||Strong||Strong|
|Intellectual Property||Legacy tech too old for meaningful patents||20+ infrared related patents acquired in 2013||3 US Patents on 3D process issued, +10 pending globally|
|FAR/FRR||Varies, but 1/<100,000 at real world usable FRRs||1/1M - No FRR stated||1/4,200,000 FAR @ < 1% FRR|
|Identical Twin Differentiation||Very Weak||“If you have a Twin, use a PIN.”||High 1:1 FAR provides Best Possible Twin Differentiation|
|Liveness Testing Certifications||No 3rd Party Certs||No 3rd Party Certs||iBeta – Certified Level 1 & 2 Spoof Detection|
|Age Estimation||2D provides poor Age Estimates||Not Available||Provides "Better than Human" Anonymous Age Estimation|
|Match to Photo ID||Low-detail provides low match levels||Not Available||Provides high Match Levels with 3D-2D Matching|
|Additional Notes||Typically used in multi-factor||Apple/Google say face data will never leave the device||Liveness data deleted after matching = no honeypot risk|
|Password Replacement?||No, not secure, too much friction||No, only used for convenience||Yes, universal, highly secure & convenient|
Clients & Partners
FaceTec is proud to highlight some of the organizations providing our class-leading biometric security.
- Supports iOS 8.3+ & Android 4.3+ devices & webcams
- Available in 30+ languages, easy to customize
- Portable, cross-device, cross-platform 3D face matching
- Unrivaled liveness detection, Certified PAD Levels 1&2
- False Acceptance Rate (FAR): 1/4,200,000 @ <1% FRR
- Encrypted FaceMap storage on managed/private cloud
- Lightweight & easy-to-integrate SDKs
- Start fast with our straightforward RESTful API
- Codebase Tested by Praetorian Security
View the ZoOm Configuration Options
Available for all sizes of organizations – See Pricing
Ready to get started for FREE?
ZoOm via FaceTec Managed API is free for educational use and to developers. Enterprises, businesses and those who wish to host the ZoOm Server SDK on their Cloud/Server are billed monthly based on usage.
ZoOm via Managed API is Free for:
- Educational use
ZoOm is Billed Per User or Per Session for:
- Large & small businesses
- Enterprise accounts
- Government agencies
Founded in 2013, FaceTec is the world leader in 3D Face Authentication software with offices in San Diego, CA, Summerlin, NV, and with Partners globally.