ZoOm® – 3D Face Liveness &
iBeta/NIST Certified Anti-Spoofing – Level 1&2
Universal 3D biometric software for 10+ Billion Smart Devices & Webcams.
Ends Identity Theft.
UnSharable, UnPhishable & virtually Spoof-Proof.
Patented ZoOm-in user experience, 2 Sec Auth, as simple as a selfie.
ZoOm Anchors Digital Identity
Certified 3D Liveness Detection Ensures the Chain of Trust
ZoOm Biometrically Links a User to Their Account, & Verifies Liveness Every Time.
If you can take a Selfie, you can prove your Identity with ZoOm.
All Your Devices
ZoOm makes human liveness checks and biometric authentication fast, easy and incredibly secure for everyone, regardless of their device. Simply center your face in the oval and when it expands ZoOm-in a few inches. The camera captures high-resolution video frames of your 3D face and you instantly gain access.
Unlocks More Than
Just Your Phone
ZoOm can provide access to any App or webpage, unlocking everything from your car door to your bank account. By replacing passwords with 3D FaceMaps you can gain secure access to your accounts using a smartphone, tablet, PC or Laptop. ZoOm offers more security, flexibility, portability and convenience than any other biometric modality.
For all modern
smart devices & webcams
instant authentication after a 10-second enrollment
Works in real-world lighting conditions
Great with Glasses, Makeup & Beards
#1 IN THE WORLD
BY NIST LAB
Obviously, selfies are easy to take. But the real question is whether or not they can provide effective security. Typically they don’t, but ZoOm’s patented process does, scanning a 3D face with a 2D camera and transforming selfies into secure 3D FaceMaps. During this process, human Liveness data is also collected to verify that the User is a living 3D person who exhibits so many concurrent human traits that no spoof attempt can recreate them all at once.
Once 3D Liveness is proven to an exceptionally high degree, Face Matching compares the User’s Face to the enrolled 3D FaceMap. If the User’s 3D Face and the previously enrolled 3D FaceMap match to the same high standards the legitimate user will be granted access.
ZoOm detects the difference between “likeness” and “liveness” using proprietary Artificial Intelligence which prevents any second-generation biometric data from being shared like passwords or phished from Users.
ZoOm’s Encrypted 3D FaceMaps:
- Can’t Be Phished From Users
- Aren’t a Biometric Honeypot
- Stop Credential Sharing
- Stop Botnet Attacks
- Expose Generation Loss in Spoofs
Want To Learn More?
Deleted Liveness Data = No Honeypot Risk – ZoOm verifies Liveness EVERY TIME, and before the previously stored 3D FaceMap is even compared to the new 3D FaceMap. Both Liveness and Matching must be successful for a positive authentication, but only the 3D FaceMap is stored. New Liveness Data is collected and verified during every new ZoOm session and deleted immediately after. Without Liveness Data there is no honeypot risk beyond 2D selfies, which can’t spoof ZoOm and are on Google, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc. for almost everyone already.
HOW ZoOm WORKS
ZoOm observes the user’s head, neck, ears, hair, facial features and their environment as the camera is moved closer to the face. During the ZoOm motion, the camera’s view of the face changes and perspective distortion will be observed if the face is 3D. Conversely, no distortion occurs with 2D objects like photos or videos. FaceTec’s proprietary algorithms capture ~30 video frames while tracking the motion of the device. The result is dynamic perspective, 3D face authentication from a standard 2D camera.
TRUSTED 3RD PARTY TESTING
FaceTec is more than just another “Facial Recognition” company. Over the last 5 years, we dove more deeply into anti-spoofing than anyone else – ever. In our own lab we have performed millions of spoof attempts with every conceivable type of media while finding ways to stop them. The ISO 30107-3 testing standard guides Anti-Spoofing testing of Biometric Systems conducted by the only NIST/NVLAP-certified lab, iBeta. Presentation Attack Detection Tests Include:
- 2D paper photos & digital images
- High resolution videos
- Image swap-in after liveness check
- Paper masks with eye & mouth cutouts
- Hollywood masks, wax figures & lifelike dolls
- Photos or video frames animated into avatars
- Video projections on 3D heads
- Sleeping users with closed eyes
- Impostors, lookalikes & identical twins
Passing the rigorous iBeta Level 1 & 2 tests results in an unsharable, unphishable biometric that is virtually impossible for criminals to recreate reliably using today’s media technology.
Why Other Biometrics Fail
- Despite constant hype, legacy biometrics will never replace passwords because they don’t have robust liveness detection, aren’t portable across devices, and can’t stop phishing, credential sharing or complicit user fraud. So trusting an unsupervised authentication remains impossible.
- Weak “liveness” detection – like wink, blink or smile – is easily spoofed by photos and avatar videos. It doesn’t matter how many weak factors you string together for MFA. If a cooperative user can spoof the system with self-captured media, then it can’t be considered secure.
- ZoOm’s robust liveness detection stops external threats like phishing, and internal threats like credential sharing and buddy punching.
- ZoOm is so secure it’s the ONLY factor in many high-security scenarios, such as car-sharing, border security, mobile banking and mobile payments.
- ZoOm is the new standard in biometrics because it’s universal, portable across-devices and across-platforms just like a password, but much more secure.
Biometric Best Practices
- Choose strong 3D liveness & anti-spoofing technology. Without it, you can’t trust unsupervised authentications and you will be at risk for security & PR problems.
- Don’t expect users to buy a specific device just for your biometric. It needs to work on what they already own.
- Insist on a straightforward, intuitive interface. User’s must prefer the biometric or they won’t use it at all.
- Server-side matching is the only biometric model that can truly replace passwords, enable cross-platform logins, simplify device upgrades and allow multiple devices/user. On-device matching isn’t future proof.
- Choose a diverse algorithm. Don’t be accused of having a “biased” biometric just because the training sets used to create it were too homogeneous. ZoOm trained with users from over 160 countries.
- Get the Forrester Report: The State Of Facial Recognition For Authentication And Verification
ZoOm vs.Face ID
Face ID is a specialized hardware sensor that unlocks one specific phone. Face ID, along with fingerprint readers are “Decentralized Biometrics” which can never replace passwords because the users’ data never leaves the device and no identity can be proven to a 3rd party. ZoOm runs on over 10 billion supported devices because it is a 100% software solution that provides the flexibility of cross-device, cross-platform face authentication, and is the only biometric in the world to successfully pass the iBeta Level 1&2 PAD ISO 30107-3 tests.
Apple's Face ID
|Purpose||Universal 3D Face Authentication||Conveniently unlock an iPhone X or XS|
|Installed Base||10+ Billion Smart Devices [Android (85%) + iOS (14%) & Webcams||Under 5% of in use iOS devices have Face ID|
|Portable||Yes, Cross-Device & Cross-Platform||No, one device only, biometric data can never leave that device|
|Technology||Software: Real-time Computer Vision + 100% FaceTec built proprietary AI||Hardware:Infrared Camera Array ($25) and Neural Network Chip ($26)|
|Interface||Proprietary, Intuitive 3D Video Selfie: ~2 Seconds||Glance at phone to unlock in few hundred milliseconds (claimed)|
|SDK Info||Easy-to-integrate for Android/iOS, plugins for Xamarin, Cordova, Phonegap, Ionic and Appcelerator||No stand-alone SDK possible, special hardware is required|
|Liveness & Depth Detection||TrueLiveness® detection observes & measures 3D Depth, skin texture, eye reflections, eye focus, and many more human traits.||TrueDepth uses projected infrared dots, and needs a special neural network chip to determine if the user is a match and is 3D|
|IP||2 US Patents on the 3D ZoOm process issued, +10 additional patents pending globally||20+ infrared related patents from the purchase of PrimeSense in 2013|
|FAR/FRR||1/100,000 - 1M depending on lighting and camera - 3-5% FRR in normal lighting||1/1M (Self Attested) However, numerous False Accepts have been observed|
|Identical Twins||1/500+ Identical Twin FAR||Apple says, “If you have a Twin, use a PIN.”|
|Children||No observed issues authenticating children, but check local laws before using in your area.||Apple says, "Children under 13 should not use Face ID"|
|3rd Party Testing/Certs||iBeta – Certified Level 1&2 Spoof Detection iBeta – DEA EPCS Biometric Subsystem Certification UL – Presentation Attack Detection Testing Praetorian Security – Black-Box Penetration Testing||None Publicly Stated|
|Additional Features||Face Image Audit Trail, Multiple-Device, Cross-Platform , Liveness/Match Confidence Score, Store FaceMaps in a Blockchain||Apple says the biometric data will never leave the device, but will store images on device for future upgrades to algorithms|
Clients & Partners
FaceTec is proud to highlight just a few of the organizations providing ZoOm’s class-leading biometric security.
- Supports iOS 8.3+ & Android 4.3+ devices & webcams
- Available in 30+ languages with easy customization
- Portable, cross-device, cross-platform 3D face matching
- Unrivaled liveness detection, Certified PAD Level: 1&2
- False Acceptance Rate (FAR) of 1/100,000 – 1,000,000
- Encrypted FaceMap storage on managed/private cloud
- Lightweight & easy-to-integrate SDKs
- Simple, straightforward and secure RESTful API
- Codebase Tested by Praetorian Security
- Plugins for Xamarin, Appcelerator/Titanium, Phonegap, Cordova, Ionic & React Native
View the ZoOm Configuration Options
ZoOm is free for many organizations – See Pricing
Ready to integrate?
ZoOm via FaceTec Managed API is free for educational use and to developers. Enterprises, businesses and those who wish to host the ZoOm Server SDK on their Cloud/Server are billed monthly based on usage.
ZoOm via Managed API is Free for:
- Educational use
ZoOm is Billed Per User or Per Session for:
- Large & small businesses
- Enterprise accounts
- Government agencies
Case Studies & Resources
Learn more about ZoOm’s use cases, interface, security and 3rd-party testing, below.
Independent 3rd-Party Testing & Certifications
OWASP: Black & White-Box Pen Testing
ZoOm SDK Penetration Testing
FIDO Member Since 2014
Simpler Stronger Authentication
May 17, 2019
Startup ZenGo has implemented a password-free security architecture … including biometric 3D face authentication … provided by FaceTec’s ZoOm...READ MORE
Founded in 2013, FaceTec is the world leader in 3D Face Authentication software with offices in San Diego, CA, Summerlin, NV, New York, NY & London, England.